Faculty Expert Profile
- Assistant professor of Health Policy and Management
- Deputy director of the Center for Gun Policy and Research
- Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Johns Hopkins Center for Injury Research and Policy
- Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research
Cassandra Crifasi is an injury epidemiologist focused on policies and practices that improve safety and prevent injury with a focus on firearms.
She is the deputy director of the university’s Center for Gun Policy and Research. Her research interests include violence prevention; firearm policies and gun violence; underground gun markets; attitudes and behaviors of gun owners including safe storage and public opinion on gun policy; and the evaluation of policies that impact public safety and first responders.
A gun owner herself, Crifasi publishes frequently on firearm policies, including handgun purchaser licensing laws known as permit-to-purchase (PTP) laws.