Faculty Expert Profile
- Hugh P. McCormick Family Professor of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Vice President and Chief Diversity Office Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality
- Comprehensive Diabetes Center
- Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology, and Clinical Research
Sherita Hill Golden's research interests focus on two areas: endogenous sex hormones as risk factors for cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabetes, and insulin resistance in post-menopausal women; and mental health complications of diabetes and the biological, hormonal, and behavioral factors that might explain these associations. Her health services research focuses on understanding and eliminating diabetes health disparities and implementing and evaluating systems interventions to improve patient safety and quality of care in hospitalized patients with diabetes.
Golden serves as the principal investigator of the Johns Hopkins site of the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcome Study and is an elected member of the American Society for Clinical Investigation and the Association of American Physicians.