FREE SERVICE

Three things you might not know about Quantum Health

Your health care advocate can untangle your bills, help with meds, and guide you when you're stuck

A smiling customer representative wearing a phone headset talks with a client.

Credit: GETTY IMAGES

If you're enrolled in a JHU CareFirst medical plan and haven't yet tried Quantum Health—your health care advocacy service launched this year—here are three things to know about what it does and what your colleagues are saying about how it has helped them and their family members manage their health care. (Quotes are anonymous for privacy.)

It's got your back on billing

Explanation of benefits. Out-of-pocket maximums. In-network. Out-of-network. Co-insurance. What do all those terms mean? Understanding and paying for health care can be confusing and overwhelming, especially when you receive an unexpected bill. Quantum Health's care coordinators can review your claims with you, verify your coverage, and walk you through interpreting explanation of benefits statements, including how much the plan covers and how much you owe.

Here's what one JHU employee shared about a recent experience: "My care coordinator helped me a great deal. I was dealing with my son's bill. He's undergoing treatment for an illness, and the hospital did not have the updated information on file, so they sent us a very large bill. It was very good service."

It can help with prescription drugs and medications

If you're looking for help getting a prescription filled, determining whether a medication is covered by the plan, or finding out about home delivery, Quantum Health can help.

One JHU employee said, "The care coordinator was outstanding in resolving an issue with an expensive specialty medication. Their help was invaluable, and I trust their guidance completely."

Another said, "My care coordinator did an extraordinarily good job of explaining to me how the pharmacy is set up and how the portal works. He explained it in a concise, clear, easy-to-understand way, in this day and age when you don't often get that."

It can help when you're stuck

Quantum Health employees are experts in understanding both the health care system and JHU medical benefits. When you are not sure what the next step is, they can help you sort it out.

Said one JHU employee, "I am dealing with multiple different issues in these trying times alongside my medical bills. They put me completely at ease, were just really kind, and overall made me feel welcome in the health care system."

Said another, "I gave it a chance and called. From my perspective, [my care coordinator] went above and beyond what I could have ever asked, as far as help and support in resolving my claim."

Connect with Quantum Health

Quantum Health's goal is to make your health care experience smoother and more manageable. For personalized assistance, contact its care coordinators at 844-460-2801, 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday. Alternatively, you can access the Quantum Health member portal for more information and support.

Click here to learn more about Quantum Health care advocacy, which is among the health and life benefits for all JHU employees enrolled in a CareFirst medical plan.