Once you have reviewed your options, made your choices, and are ready to sign up for your 2018 benefits, follow these simple steps during Annual Enrollment, Oct. 20 to Nov. 7:
1. Have the following handy:
- Your JHED ID
- Social Security numbers and birthdates for your dependents (if applicable)
- Names and birthdates of your beneficiaries
2. Visit the JHU benefits website.
3. Click the myChoices tab to get started.
4. Confirm that your health and welfare elections, personal information, and beneficiaries are correct.
5. Click "I Accept" to verify your elections for 2018.
6. Once you have enrolled, you should print a copy of your confirmation statement for your records.
Remember, if you do not enroll between Oct. 20 and Nov. 7, your current options will carry over into 2018 with the new rates except for:
FSA elections. Flexible spending account designations do not carry over. You must make new elections for 2018.
PAI elections. If you are a faculty and staff member with personal accident insurance, your current coverage amounts will not carry over. You must enroll in accidental death and dismemberment insurance (which replaces PAI) to have this coverage beginning Jan. 1, 2018.