A search committee has been convened to help select Johns Hopkins University's next vice provost for institutional equity, an individual who will be tasked with leading the university's affirmative action and equal opportunity compliance efforts, investigating discrimination and harassment claims, and providing a central resource for people with disabilities.
Joy Gaslevic, former assistant vice provost and Title IX coordinator, is serving as interim vice provost for institutional equity during the search, and Linda Boyd, former deputy Title IX coordinator, is serving as interim assistant vice provost and Title IX coordinator.
The search committee will play a key role in identifying a permanent replacement for Kimberly Hewitt, who left the university in July for Duke University, where she was appointed vice president for institutional equity and chief diversity officer.
The committee will be led by co-chairs Michele Decker, associate professor in the Department of Population, Family, and Reproductive Health at JHU's Bloomberg School of Public Health and co-chair of the Provost's Sexual Violence Advisory Committee, and Paul Pineau, vice president and general counsel.
A brief description of the vice provost for institutional equity role and information about how to nominate candidates are available on the website of the Office of Institutional Equity.
The other members of the search committee are:
- Jennifer Calhoun, Senior Adviser to the Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Student Affairs
- Moses Davis, Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion, Homewood Student Affairs
- Andrew Douglas, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and Executive Vice Dean and Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Whiting School of Engineering
- Stephen Gange, Executive Vice Provost for Academic Affairs and Professor of Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Julie Gottlieb, Associate Dean for Policy Coordination, School of Medicine
- Cherita Hobbs, Executive Director, Human Resources, Employee and Labor Relations
- Rebecca Kashiwagi, Assistant General Counsel
- Stacey Marks, Academic Program Manager, Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, School of Medicine
- Maria Oliva-Hemker, Professor of Pediatrics and Director of the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, School of Medicine
- Ratna Sarkar, Vice Provost for Institutional Research
- Gabriella Swistara, Undergraduate Student, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, and member of the Sexual Assault Resource Unit
- Kaitlin Wood, PhD Candidate and President of the Graduate Student Association, School of Medicine