As part of the onboarding process, the university offers new employees a live orientation webinar to help them better understand its benefits plans, program offerings, and policies.
Benefits orientation for new full-time faculty and staff is held at 1 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month. The 90-minute Zoom meeting, hosted by the Office of Benefits & Worklife, includes an overview of the benefits options offered by the university, along with time for a Q&A. The topics covered are:
- Medical plans
- Prescription drug benefits
- Quantum Health advocacy
- Dental plans
- Vision plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings accounts
- Life/dependent life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary benefits (pet insurance, legal services plan, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, and auto and homeowner's insurance)
- Retirement plans
- Family and caregiving programs
- Well-being programs
- Tuition assistance
- Live Near Your Work home-buying program
- Johns Hopkins Employee Assistance Program (JHEAP)
If you're unable to attend a live session, a recording of the presentation is available in myLearning; access to the system requires a JHED ID and password.
Contact the Benefits Service Center at 410-516-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.