Searching for an online course or summer camp for your bright child? Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth may be the perfect fit. CTY offers hundreds of challenging and fun online and on-campus courses for academically advanced students in grades 2 to 12. Full-time JHU employees can apply their 50% tuition remission benefit toward any course for which their child is eligible. In CTY Online courses, students enroll anytime and work at a pace that fits their schedule, while receiving personalized feedback from their instructor along the way. Courses enrolling now include Aeronautical Engineering, Behavioral Economics, Crafting Fiction, Disease Modeling, Game Design, and Microbiology, as well as several advanced placement, honors, math, science, writing, and world languages courses.
Enrollment is also open for CTY's 2023 On-Campus Summer Programs held at sites around the U.S. Baltimore-area offerings for summer 2023 include a residential program at JHU for students in grades 9 to 12 and a day program at the Gilman School for students in grades 2 to 6. Students spend three weeks exploring their favorite subjects, participating in fun activities, and making new friends. Courses include Cloudy With a Chance of Science, Epidemiology, Robotics, the Physics of Engineering, the Ancient World, Writing and Imagination, and more.
Ready to enroll your child in a course? Follow these steps to apply the tuition remission benefit:
- In the online course application, check the box that reads "I am a JHU employee eligible for tuition remission"
- Pay the deposit and application fee when prompted
- Download and complete the Dependent Child Tuition Remission Form
- Once you receive notification that your child has been enrolled in the course, email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org from your JHU email address
- If two parents/guardians are JHU employees who are eligible for tuition remission, you should submit two completed forms
If you have any questions, call CTY at 410-735-6277, email email@example.com, or schedule an appointment with an enrollment adviser.