Full-time, benefits-eligible Johns Hopkins affiliates have free access to a host of care benefits through Care@Work. These benefits help manage your family care needs while balancing work and include backup care for children and adults, free premium membership to Care.com, and access to Expert Assistance, a concierge service.
Backup Care is vetted, subsidized adult and child care that you can use when your regular care is not available. Eligible Hopkins employees and students have access to 10 backup care days per calendar year, so your bank of days resets on Jan.1. The cost for backup care is based on salary, with a subsidized hourly rate that ranges from $6 to $10.
- Backup care is not just for last-minute requests; in fact, the more notice you provide, the more likely you are to find care. You can request in-center care up to 30 days in advance and in-home care up to 60 days in advance.
- To make the most of your backup care days, plan ahead. If you know your child's school will be closed for professional development, a holiday, cleaning, or renovation, book your care ahead of time.
Premium membership to Care.com provides unlimited access to the world's largest network of caregivers, along with service providers to help with household and family needs.
- You can explore detailed profiles of caregivers in your area, post a job based on your needs, and access the Care.com safety center, background check options, and other resources.
- Other resources available to you include housekeepers, pet sitters, dog walkers, elder companions, and grocery and errand runners.
Expert Assistance is a concierge service offering one-on-one help with a care specialist who will conduct a needs assessment, post a job on your behalf, review results and applicants, and present you with the best options for your needs. Expert Assistance can be used to find nannies and babysitters, tutors, pet sitters, housekeepers, personal assistants, special needs caregivers, errand runners, and more.
- Your family will ultimately choose whom to hire, but this service lessens the burden of finding the right candidates, giving you the gift of time.
- To connect with a care specialist and learn more about Expert Assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin using your Care@Work benefits, register at johnshopkins.care.com using your JHED ID (without @jh.edu).
Additional information and resources can be found on the university's Family & Caregiving Programs website.
Email email@example.com or call 410-516-2000 with any questions.
Posted in Benefits+Perks
Tagged hr newswire