HEALTHY AT HOPKINS

Start your year off well with WeightWatchers

JHU employees who join now get 50% off the retail price, plus a free scale that auto-syncs with the WW app

WeightWatchers scale, which is a black rectangle with rounded corners, alongside a phone showing the WeightWatchers app

Image caption: The free WW Bluetooth Body Weight Scale auto-syncs your weight in the WW app.

Since 1963, WeightWatchers has helped millions of people with an evolving, now simplified, program rooted in research that lets its followers live fully and still reach their weight-loss and well-being goals.

JHU employees can join for as low as $9.75 a month, which is 50% off the retail price. (Note: This is a taxable benefit.) And if you sign up between Jan. 1 and Feb. 28, you'll get a free WW Bluetooth Body Weight Scale that auto-syncs your weight in the WW app. Research shows that people who log their weight more frequently lose more weight than those who don't.

Need inspiration? Here's how Naomi M. lost 68 pounds and gained even more from life.

"Deciding you want to get healthier feels vulnerable—you're admitting that you care. But I wanted to be a different kind of mom to my two kids. They deserved a parent who could be present physically and mentally," she says.

"Since joining, there hasn't been a single outing, event, or celebration where I've walked away feeling like I missed out on any food or drinks. It's not about deprivation. And activity doesn't just look like lifting weights. I love going on walks with my kids. It's bonding time, and it's special. I want them to grow up remembering those times with me.

"Reclaiming my health helped me get my sense of self back," she says. "I have hobbies that are just mine, and I've made incredible friendships—I feel like me again. WeightWatchers taught me that I don't need to be perfect. I just need to be consistent with my healthy habits to see change."

Learn more at ww.com/johnshopkinsuniversity. Then get your scale after Jan. 1 at ww.com/freescale.