Haven't examined your auto insurance lately? You could be throwing money away. Here are some tried-and-true ways you could save with the JHU Choice Auto and Home Insurance Program.
1. Shop around—get multiple quotes. With JHU's Choice Auto and Home Insurance program, shopping for coverage is the easiest it's ever been. In minutes you can compare coverage, prices, and discounts from some of America's top-rated insurance companies: Progressive, Liberty Mutual Insurance, Farmers GroupSelectSM, Travelers, and Safeco Insurance. If one of these quotes offers a better value than you have, you can switch—even if your policy hasn't expired—on the same call.
2. Bundle your coverage. If you have multiple insurance policies, such as auto and home, there are two good reasons to combine them with one carrier. First, it's an easy way to simplify your finances. Second, you could get a discount.
3. Review your coverage. If you have an older vehicle, consider reducing your costs by dropping comprehensive and collision coverage. Many experts say it's time to drop these coverages when the actual cash value you'd receive for your vehicle doesn't justify the insurance expense.
4. Claim your discounts. The following insurance discounts may be available to you: faculty, staff, or bargaining unit member; multivehicle; accident-free; good driving rewards; usage or low mileage; good student; driver training course; equipment-related; new car; or automatic payroll deduction.
5. Adjust your deductible. If you're willing to give a little with your deductible, you could wind up saving big on your premium. Remember, though, a higher deductible means more money out of your pocket in the event of a claim.
For more information on the Choice Auto and Home Insurance Program, go to jhuvoluntarybenefits.com or call 866-795-9362.