Workplace Politics—How to Survive and Thrive is a four-module workshop presented on two consecutive mornings. Here's how the parts break down:
What Are Workplace Politics?
- Effectively define and identify workplace politics in your workplace.
- Explore how workplace politics can impact our actions and reactions.
- Learn the benefits and drawbacks of workplace politics.
- Discover how to really understand your personal point of view.
- Develop the skills needed to effectively battle workplace politics: negotiating, listening, and communicating.
How to Use Workplace Politics
- Identify and develop your personal political style.
- Understand what drives and has developed your company's political style.
- Learn how to use the knowledge/power model most effectively.
- Develop strong, positive relationships and influence.
- Discover how to deal with and overcome negative politics.
- Know when and how to best do damage control.
Using What You Have Learned
- A scenario illustrating the aspects of office politics with a full debrief.
Register here for the workshop, which will be offered virtually by Learning Solutions from 9 a.m. to noon on Thursday, Dec. 16, and Friday, Dec. 17.