Johns Hopkins encourages you to take the time to review your current coverage, learn about your options, and take advantage of the enrollment resources available to help you make any updates to your benefits available at hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife. Be sure to:
- Visit the Benefits & Worklife website to see an overview of what's offered at enrollment and to learn more about your medical plan options.
- Ask ALEX for expert advice about choosing the medical and dental plans that are best for you. Keep in mind that ALEX provides guidance only; the tool does not process your election.
- Designate a beneficiary. Each year during Annual Enrollment, all employees should consider updating their beneficiary designation. You can designate or change your beneficiary for life insurance online via the Benefits & Worklife myChoices enrollment portal and for your university retirement plan via the Retirement Choice portal.
Once you have reviewed your options, made your choices, and are ready to enroll, follow these simple steps:
- Have the following handy: your JHED ID, Social Security numbers and birthdates for your dependents (if applicable), names and birthdates of your beneficiaries
- Visit the Benefits & Worklife website
- Click the myChoices Annual Enrollment tab on the home page
- Select 2022 Annual Enrollment
- Select your status—either Faculty & Staff or Bargaining Unit
- Here you will find information highlighting changes for 2022. When ready, click Enroll and log in using your JHED ID.
- Confirm that your Health and Welfare elections, personal information, and beneficiaries are correct.
- Click "I Accept" to verify your elections for 2022.
- Once you have enrolled, print a copy of your confirmation statement for your records.
If you do not enroll during the Annual Enrollment period, your current medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and AD&D and short-term disability elections will carry over into 2022 at the new rates. Remember that you must enroll in the health care/limited purpose FSA and dependent care FSA each year during Annual Enrollment in order to participate. If you want to contribute to your HSA, you must elect a new contribution amount each year; otherwise, your HSA contributions will be set to $0.
If you are not enrolling in JHU medical coverage for 2022, you will be required to provide a medical waiver form unless you have previously uploaded your waiver to the enrollment site. If you waive medical coverage, you will be eligible for the annual waiver credit of $800 (if your salary is $40,000 or less) or $500 (if your salary is more than $40,000).
Contact the Benefits Service Center at 410-516-2000 or email the Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your benefits or 2022 Annual Enrollment.
Posted in Benefits+Perks
Tagged hr newswire