Annual Enrollment for 2022 benefits will open on Wednesday, Oct. 13, and continue through Friday, Oct. 29. The sign-up period is always a good opportunity to take a fresh look at your benefits. You are encouraged to review your current coverage and take advantage of the enrollment resources available to help you make any updates to your benefits. Even if you're not planning to make changes to your benefits this year, now is a great time to use ALEX and other available resources and tools so you're sure that you're making smart benefits choices.
If you do not enroll during the Annual Enrollment period, your current medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and voluntary benefits (legal, critical illness, and accident insurance) elections will carry over into 2022 at the new rates.
Remember, you must enroll in the health care/limited purpose FSA and dependent care FSA each year during Annual Enrollment in order to participate.
Before you enroll, be sure to explore these online tools and resources:
- Attend a virtual Town Hall on Monday, Oct. 11, or another TBA date to hear what's new for 2022.
- Visit the Virtual Benefits & Worklife Fair. This interactive experience will allow you to access benefits information and visit vendor booths. You can access the fair on the Benefits & Worklife website starting on Monday, Oct. 11.
- Visit Benefits & Worklife in October to see an overview of what's offered at enrollment and to learn more about your medical plan options.
- Log in now to Ask ALEX to learn more about your plans and watch educational videos. Then go back in October for expert advice about choosing the medical plan option that is best for you.
- Use Securian's online benefits decision tool, Benefit Scout, to learn more about your life insurance benefits. By answering a few simple questions, you can determine the coverage that meets your needs and budget. Visit lifebenefits.com/jhu for more information.
Also take this time to explore the other voluntary benefits available to you, such as legal insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, auto/homeowner's insurance, and the two new offerings—identity theft protection and pet insurance. Information about these benefits is available at jhuvoluntarybenefits.com.
Finally, as you plan for Annual Enrollment, think about your financial well-being as well. To learn about JHU's retirement plans, watch for information about upcoming educational sessions to be hosted by representatives from TIAA.
Contact the Benefits Service Center at 410-516-2000 or email the Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about either your benefits or 2022 Annual Enrollment. Watch for additional enrollment information coming soon.