A suite of additional resources is automatically available to Johns Hopkins' active faculty, staff, and bargaining unit employees covered under the university's group life insurance program through Securian Financial. These lifestyle benefits include free legal, financial wellness, grief support, and legacy planning resources. There is no additional fee for enrollment, and services are available to spouses and insurance-eligible children, even if they are not covered under the life insurance program.
You can access these services whenever you need them:
Legal, financial, and grief resources
Access professional services from LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell for a variety of needs—from legal matters and financial situations to coping with loss—through comprehensive web and mobile resources, as well as consultations.
- Legal: Includes resources such as will preparation templates—and a free, 30-minute consultation per issue, by phone or in an attorney's office. Additional services are available at a 25% discount.
- Financial: Includes telephone consultations or a 45-minute counseling session per issue on many topics, from budget analysis to tax planning. Includes online access to a financial fitness assessment.
- Grief support: Access master's-level consultants by phone for any stage of grief and referrals for loss support.
How to access: Contact LifeWorks at 877-849-6034 or visit its website. User name: lfg. Password: resources.
Legacy planning resources
Securian Financial's website provides information about resources that include end-of-life and funeral planning, final arrangements, important directives, and survivor assistance. After a claim is started, the additional services are available to beneficiaries by phone.
- Funeral concierge: Allows for coverage verification and direct payment to a funeral home so services can be provided before insurance payment is made.
- Express assignment: Same-day funeral home assignment service reduces concern about paying funeral expenses by working with the funeral home or lending agency.
To access this benefit, visit Securian's website.
For more information about these lifestyle benefits available to Johns Hopkins employees, go to the Benefits & Worklife website.
Posted in Benefits+Perks
Tagged hr newswire