This year's Annual Enrollment period runs from Wednesday, Oct. 14, through Friday, Oct. 30, and the university encourages you to take time to review your current coverage, learn about your options, and take advantage of the enrollment resources available to help you make any updates to your benefits.
Before you enroll
Be sure to:
- Visit the Benefits & Worklife website to see an overview of what's offered at enrollment and to learn more about your medical plan options.
- Ask ALEX for expert advice about choosing the medical and dental plan options that are best for you. Keep in mind that ALEX provides guidance only; the tool does not process your election.
- Designate a beneficiary. As you review and consider your benefits elections for the coming year, take the time to check that your beneficiary information is also up to date. Designating a beneficiary ensures that, in the case of your death, your benefit and/or account is passed on according to your wishes. You can designate or change your life insurance beneficiary online via the Benefits & Worklife myChoices enrollment portal and, for your university retirement plan, the myChoices Retirement portal.
Once you have reviewed your options, made your choices, and are ready to enroll, follow these simple steps:
- Have the following handy: Your JHED ID, Social Security numbers and birth dates for your dependents (if applicable), names and birth dates of your beneficiaries
- Go to the Benefits & Worklife website at hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife
- Click the myChoices Annual Enrollment tab on the home page
- Select 2021 Annual Enrollment
- Confirm that your Health and Welfare elections, personal information, and beneficiaries are correct
- Click "I Accept" to verify your elections for 2021
- Once you have enrolled, print a copy of your confirmation statement for your records
Posted in Benefits+Perks
Tagged hr newswire