This year brings new challenges, and it is therefore more important than ever to take a fresh look at your benefits. The university encourages you to review your current coverage and take advantage of the resources available to help you make any updates to your benefits during the Annual Enrollment period, Wednesday, Oct. 14, through Friday, Oct. 30. Even if you're not planning to make changes to your benefits this year, now is a great time to use ALEX and other available resources and tools so that you can make smart choices.
If you do not enroll during the Annual Enrollment period, your current insurance—medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, and short-term disability—and voluntary benefits elections (legal, critical illness, and accident insurance) will carry over into 2021. Remember that you must enroll in the health care/limited purpose and dependent care flexible spending accounts each year during Annual Enrollment in order to participate.
Before you enroll, be sure to explore these online tools and resources:
- Attend a virtual town hall meeting in October to hear what's new for 2021.
- Visit the Virtual Benefits & Worklife Fair on Monday, Oct. 12, and Tuesday, Oct. 13. This interactive online experience will allow you to access benefits information, visit vendor booths, and chat online with JHU Benefits Service Center representatives.
- Access the Virtual Benefits Fair on the Benefits & Worklife website starting Monday, Oct. 12.
- Visit the Benefits & Worklife website in October to see an overview of what's offered at enrollment and to learn more about your medical plan options.
- Log in now to ALEX to learn more about your options and watch educational videos. Then come back in October for expert advice about choosing the medical plan that is best for you.
Take this time to explore the voluntary benefits available to you, such as legal insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, and auto/homeowner's insurance. Information about these benefits is available at jhuvoluntarybenefits.com.
Contact the Benefits Service Center at 410-516-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your benefits or 2021 Annual Enrollment. Watch for additional enrollment information coming soon.