Pregnancy, childbirth, adoption, and surrogacy are all major life transitions. The Johns Hopkins Baby Shower is an event for new and expectant parents to learn about the services available to them during this time.
Representatives from the JHU and JHHS Office of Benefits & Worklife will offer brief presentations regarding employee benefits, leave, child care, and lactation support. In addition, representatives of Hopkins programs and local vendors will be available to share their resources and expertise.
Jeanne Ruckert Lovy, director of Family Support Services at Johns Hopkins, says that "the Baby Shower is one of the most fun and well-attended events of the year" and is also a "great way to meet other new and expecting parents at Hopkins."
Register here for the Baby Shower, which will take place from 2:30 to 5 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 6, at the Turner Concourse on the East Baltimore campus. Light refreshments and parking validation will be provided, in addition to a chance to win a door prize.
Some of the vendors already lined up are:
- Adoptions Together
- Johns Hopkins Birthing Center/Lactation Consultants
- Johns Hopkins Laboratory for Child Development
- Johns Hopkins mySupport
- Johns Hopkins Pediatric Injury Prevention—Child Passenger Safety
- Johns Hopkins Perinatal Mood Disorders Clinic
- Johns Hopkins Women's Mood Disorders Center
- Maryland Breastfeeding Coalition
- Maryland 529
- Maryland EXCELS
- Mental Health Association of Maryland—Healthy New Moms