Did you know that about one in 10 American adults has diabetes? In fact, diabetes is one of the fastest growing chronic diseases and, if not well cared for, can lead to serious medical complications such as eye, kidney, and heart disease.
November is Diabetes Awareness Month, and you're encouraged to learn more about the disease by viewing the webinar Diabetes and Heart Health Awareness from noon to 1 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 21.
Sarah Merritt, a well-being coach with Business Health Services, will help you:
- Understand the types of diabetes
- Identify signs and symptoms
- Learn the risk factors associated with diabetes
- Recognize the direct link between diabetes and heart health
- Evaluate what steps to take in creating healthy habits
Merritt is a Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified Coach whose specialties include nutrition, gut health, food intolerance, healthy eating, and cultivating self-care.
Join the live webinar by clicking on this link or pasting http://bhsonline.adobeconnect.com/r6xnnjww86tp/ into your browser.
To listen by phone instead of computer, call 800-689-9374 and use the participant code 819182.