The university encourages you to take the time to review your current coverage, learn about its new high-deductible health plan, and take advantage of the enrollment resources available at hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife to help you make any updates to your benefits. Be sure to:
- Visit the myChoices Annual Enrollment tab on the Benefits & Worklife website to see an overview of what's offered at enrollment and to learn more about your medical plan options.
- Ask ALEX for expert advice about choosing the medical and dental plan options that are best for you. Keep in mind that ALEX provides guidance only; the tool does not process your election.
- Designate a beneficiary. Each year during Annual Enrollment, all employees should consider updating their beneficiary designation. You can designate or change your beneficiary online via the Benefits & Worklife myChoices enrollment portal for life insurance and via the Retirement Choice portal for your university retirement plan. Designating a beneficiary ensures that your benefit and/or account is passed on according to your wishes in the case of your death. Remember: If you are married, your spouse is automatically your beneficiary unless he/she consents in writing to your election of another beneficiary.
Once you have reviewed your options, made your choices, and are ready to enroll, follow these simple steps between Oct. 16 and Nov. 1:
- Have the following handy:
- Your JHED ID
- Social Security numbers and birthdates for your dependents (if applicable)
- Names and birthdates of your beneficiaries
Visit the Benefits & Worklife website at hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife.
Click the myChoices Annual Enrollment tab on the home page.
Select 2020 Annual Enrollment.
Confirm that your health and life elections, personal information, and beneficiaries are correct.
Click "I Accept" to verify your elections for 2020.
Once you have enrolled, print a copy of your confirmation statement for your records.
Contact the Benefits Service Center at 410-516-2000 or email the Benefits team at email@example.com if you have questions about your benefits or 2020 Annual Enrollment.