Discovery Benefits will replace WageWorks as the administrator for Johns Hopkins' health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts and commuter benefits, effective Jan. 1, 2020. Discovery Benefits will also administer the university's new health savings account and limited purpose flexible spending account.
With Discovery Benefits, you'll have access to enhanced resources, tools, and payment options for added convenience.
Visit discoverybenefits.com to access a number of tools and resources to help you manage your flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and commuter benefits, including:
- Information about using your Discovery Benefits debit card and the mobile app
- Tools to track claims and process payments online
- Education and tools to help you make the most of your accounts
If you enroll in the FSAs or HSA for 2020, you will receive a welcome package from Discovery Benefits, including a new Discovery Benefits debit card and important information. If you currently participate in the health care FSA, up to $500 of your remaining 2019 account balance will automatically roll over to your 2020 health care or limited purpose FSA with Discovery Benefits. Any remaining funds over $500 in your health care FSA as well as any remaining dependent care FSA balance will be forfeited.
Keep in mind that:
- Any FSA claims incurred during 2019 must be submitted to WageWorks by April 30, 2020.
- Claims for expenses incurred as of Jan. 1, 2020, will be processed through Discovery Benefits.
- Your rollover FSA dollars will be deposited into your Discovery Benefits FSA before May 30, 2020 (after the April 30 claims deadline).
Posted in Benefits+Perks, Health+Well-Being
Tagged hr newswire