Protecting your retirement savings and investments, having enough money to last a lifetime, and planning for your health care needs are all important considerations in preparing for your retirement from the university.
Faculty, staff, and bargaining unit members age 55-plus or within five years of retirement are invited to attend the complimentary Pre-Retirement Program scheduled for Wednesday, June 12.
Throughout this daylong program, speakers will present information on:
- JHU benefits in retirement
- Financial planning
- Legal considerations such as wills and eldercare
- Planning for how you will spend your time in your post-work years
- Transitioning to Medicare
- Understanding Social Security
Research shows that people who plan for this significant transition in life are more satisfied in retirement.
You may bring your spouse, partner, family member, or anyone who is supporting you in your retirement planning to attend the program with you.
Register soon for the session as space is limited.