Registration is still open for spring wellness classes. The next session of offerings gets underway in April, and many classes still have openings. You are encouraged to register as soon as you can. Participating in a wellness class can help you reduce stress, increase productivity, and improve your overall health. And the Benefits Office subsidizes half the cost, so you're getting a 50 percent discounted rate.
Classes on the Homewood campus are Muscle Toning and Conditioning, Cardio Fusion, Zumba, Meditation, and Yoga. The East Baltimore campus is offering Zumba and Yoga, while White Marsh has Muscle Toning and Conditioning and Yoga. Yoga is also available on the Carey and Keswick campuses, as well as at 700 East Pratt (formerly known as the Candler Building). The classes are open to all skill levels.
- Muscle Toning and Conditioning is a workout that focuses on strengthening and conditioning every major muscle group in the body.
- Cardio Fusion is an aerobic workout combining kickboxing, hi/lo floor aerobics, and some boot camp drills.
- Zumba is a cardio fitness class that blends the rhythm of Latin music with easy-to-follow dance steps.
- Mindfulness Meditation is designed to give you tools to calm the mind and reduce your body's stress response.
- Yoga is a series of body positions and movements designed to relax the body and calm the mind.