Now is the time to take action to make sure your 2019 benefits will be in line with your needs and those of your family. Annual Enrollment is open from Oct. 19 to Nov. 7.
Once you have reviewed your options, made your choices, and are ready to enroll, follow these simple steps:
- Have the following handy: your JHED ID, Social Security numbers and birth dates for your dependents (if applicable), and the names and birthdates of your beneficiaries.
- Visit the JHU benefits website.
- Click the myChoices tab in the upper right to get started.
- Select 2019 Annual Enrollment.
- Confirm that your health and welfare elections, personal information, and beneficiaries are correct.
- Click I Accept to verify your elections for 2019.
- Once you have enrolled, print a copy of your confirmation statement for your records.
What happens if you don't take action?
If you do not take action between Oct. 19 and Nov. 7, you can expect the following:
Medical: You will keep your current coverage, at the same coverage level and new plan rates. If you currently waive medical coverage, you will continue to waive coverage. If you are newly waiving coverage, you must upload the medical waiver form to myChoices.
Dental: If you are currently enrolled in a CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield or Cigna dental plan, you will default to the new Delta Dental Standard DPPO Plan. If you are enrolled in the United ConcordiaPLUS Dental HMO Plan, your coverage will carry over at new plan rates.
Vision: Your UnitedHealthcare coverage will end on Dec. 31, 2018, and you will not have coverage in 2019.
Flexible spending accounts: No coverage; you must enroll each year to participate.
Supplemental life and AD&D insurance for you: Your accidental death and dismemberment coverage may increase to the next coverage level at the applicable plan rate to align with the university's new benefits structure.
Spouse and child AD&D insurance: Coverage may increase to the next level at the applicable plan rate to align with the university's new benefits structure.
Dependent life insurance: You will keep your current coverage.
Short-term disability: You will keep your current coverage.
Legal insurance: You will keep your current coverage.
Benefits you receive automatically
As a university employee, you automatically receive benefits paid by the university for:
- Life insurance and AD&D coverage equal to $10,000.
- Long-term disability coverage for full-time employees after one year of continuous service.