Effective Jan. 1, 2019, EyeMed will replace UnitedHealthcare as the university's vision plan administrator. This new plan provides eye exams for only a $10 copay and provides enhanced coverage for lenses (including contact lenses) and frames, along with discounts on laser vision correction.
Some of the highlights of the new EyeMed vision plan are:
- Eye exam: $10 copay (once yearly)
- Lenses (single vision, lined bifocal, lined trifocal, lenticular): $20 copay (once yearly)
- Frames: $150 allowance (once yearly)
- Elective contact lenses, in lieu of frames and lenses: $150 allowance; medically necessary contact lenses, in lieu of frames and glasses: 0 percent (you pay)
- Laser vision correction: 15 percent discount
During the upcoming Annual Enrollment period, which runs from Oct. 17 to Nov. 7, you will be able to enroll in vision coverage through the myChoices enrollment site when you elect your other benefit choices for 2019. Once enrolled, your deductions will be taken on a pretax basis from your paycheck, allowing you to further stretch your vision care dollars.
To find an EyeMed provider or learn more about discounts and services provided by EyeMed, visit eyemed.com.
For more information about the new vision program, visit myChoices in October, and be sure to check out next month's HR NewsWire.