JHU WageWorks filing deadline is April 30

Make sure you'll get paid back for the eligible health care or dependent care expenses you incurred in 2017

Preschoolers sitting on the floor listen to a teacher reading a book.

Image caption: Expenses for dependent care and health care can be submitted online, by fax, or with the free WageWorks EZ Receipts mobile app.

April 30, 2018, is the deadline for submitting 2017 claims to WageWorks for your health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts. Eligible expenses must have been incurred from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2017.

There are three ways that you can submit your claims to WageWorks:

  • WageWorks EZ Receipts is quick and convenient , and the free app is compatible with both iPhone and Android mobile devices.
  • You also can go online, enter your claim, and upload your receipt for payment.
  • Or, if preferred, you can submit a paper Pay Me Back form in order to receive reimbursement. Claims must be postmarked or submitted by fax to WageWorks no later than April 30, 2018.

If you did not spend all your money by the end of the calendar year, remember that the Health Care FSA "use it or lose it" rule was amended by the IRS to allow a carryover of up to $500 of your unused balance into the next year. You do not need to do anything to take advantage of the carryover feature; it is automatic through WageWorks. Claims will be paid first from the current plan year's balance and then deducted from any carryover amounts. The carryover amount will be deposited into your health care FSA on May 15 each year.

For questions, contact WageWorks at 877-924-3967.