Remember, when you fill a prescription with a generic drug, you will pay less when compared with a formulary brand name or nonformulary brand name medication. To save on your out-of-pocket costs, it's important to take advantage of the resources and tools available to help you get the right medication at the best price.
To get started, take advantage of resources offered through Express Scripts, JHU's prescription plan administrator:
Express Scripts online. Manage your prescriptions, learn about your medications, and find ways to save. Visit Express Scripts online to:
- View your claims and balances
- Price and compare medicines
- Enroll for and track the status of your home delivery orders
- Enroll for automatic prescription refill and renewal
- Find detailed information about medications
- Connect with pharmacists, and more
The Express Scripts app. Download the app to your smartphone or tablet to manage your prescription medications on the go.
Talk to your doctor. Interested in finding a generic equivalent to your current brand name medication? Talk to your doctor to see if one is available. He or she may be able to provide a recommendation for a lower-cost alternative with the same health effects as the brand name drug.