Johns Hopkins University board of trustees member and finance committee chair Karen Peetz will lead a 13-person committee that will conduct a comprehensive nationwide search for the university's next permanent senior vice president for finance and administration, JHU President Ronald J. Daniels announced today in a message to the Hopkins community.
The candidate selected will succeed Daniel Ennis, who left Johns Hopkins this fall after 10 years in the role, and Mary Miller, who has served as JHU's senior vice president for finance and administration on an interim basis since Oct. 3 and will stay on through the 2020-21 academic year.
"During the past decade, the university experienced a stabilization and strengthening of its financial foundation and realized significant contributions toward our academic, research, and service missions, such as the historic expansion of financial aid to make Johns Hopkins need-blind; added benefits and support programs for staff, including paid parental leave; and a vision for a new home in the nation's capital at 555 Pennsylvania Avenue," Daniels wrote. "These accomplishments reflect the tireless work of the finance and administration organization at Johns Hopkins and underscore the importance of finding a leader who will continue to build upon the legacy of accountability, transparency, stability, and growth."
The search is being supported by the executive search firm Korn Ferry. Together with JHU's executive director for talent acquisition, Ian Matthew-Clayton, the firm has been meeting with a broad range of stakeholders. In the coming months, the search committee will begin the process of identifying and interviewing candidates, then make recommendations to Daniels and the full board of trustees. Members of the Hopkins community are encouraged to share their thoughts and confidential nominations with the search firm at JHU-SVPFA@kornferry.com.
The members of the search committee are:
- Karen B. Peetz, Trustee, Johns Hopkins University (chair)
- Anthony A. Anderson, Trustee, Johns Hopkins University
- Jeffrey H. Aronson, Trustee, Johns Hopkins University
- Kerry A. Ates, Vice President and Chief of Staff, Office of the President, Johns Hopkins University
- Blake L. Cordish, Trustee, Johns Hopkins University
- Greg Duffee, Carl Christ Professor of Economics, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
- Michael D. Hankin, Trustee, Johns Hopkins University
- Robert A. Kasdin, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Operating Officer, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Mary J. Miller, Interim Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration, Johns Hopkins University
- Mayo A. Shattuck III, Trustee, Johns Hopkins University
- William J. Stromberg, Trustee, Johns Hopkins University
- Alexander Triantis, Dean, Carey Business School and Professor of Finance
- Alicia Wilson, Vice President for Economic Development, Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Health System
Posted in University News