Led by co-chairs Daniel Ennis, Johns Hopkins University senior vice president for finance and administration, and Robert Kasdin, Johns Hopkins Medicine senior vice president, chief financial officer, and chief operating officer, a committee has been convened to consider candidates for the vice president for security for Johns Hopkins University and Medicine.
With more than 1,200 personnel, the Johns Hopkins safety and security operation serves the Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Health System and its 57,000 employees, 24,000 students, and more than 111,000 annual inpatient admissions, as well as nearby neighbors across academic, medical, and administrative locations throughout Maryland, in the Washington, D.C. area, and in Florida.
The search committee is tasked with helping to identify a permanent replacement for Melissa Hyatt, who became chief of police for Baltimore County in June. Connor Scott, former chief of staff for security, is serving as acting vice president for security during the search.
Gathering input from affiliates and community members is an important part of the group's charge, wrote Ennis and Kasdin in a message to the Hopkins community June 28.
"We intend to proceed thoughtfully in this search process to ensure that there are opportunities for consultation with communities at our medical facilities, on our academic campuses, and in nearby neighborhoods," Ennis and Kasdin said. "This includes incorporating faculty, employee, student, and community voices in the search process and providing opportunities for our communities to meet the selected candidate."
Candidate interviews are anticipated to begin next month. Members of the Johns Hopkins community are encouraged to provide their feedback on the job description and share any other thoughts and/or questions they might have with the search committee through the feedback form on the Public Safety Initiatives website.
The members of the search committee are:
- Kerry Ates, Vice President and Chief of Staff, Office of the President, Johns Hopkins University
- Deborah Baker, Senior Vice President for Nursing, Johns Hopkins Health System and Vice President for Nursing, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Daniel G. Ennis, Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration, Johns Hopkins University (co-chair)
- Jonathan Flombaum, Associate Professor, Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Johns Hopkins University
- Kendall Free, Undergraduate Student, Whiting School of Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- Sherita Hill Golden, Vice President, Chief Diversity Officer, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Regina Hammond, President, ReBUILD Johnston Square
- Vandra Harris, Administrative Chief Resident, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Jeanne D. Hitchcock, Special Adviser to the Vice President for Local Government, Community and Corporate Affairs, Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Robert Kasdin, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer, Johns Hopkins Medicine (co-chair)
- Dana Moore, Charles Village resident and community leader
- Sarah O'Hagan, Trustee, Johns Hopkins University
- Paul Pineau, Vice President and General Counsel, Johns Hopkins University
- Samuel T. Redd, Executive Director, Operation P.U.L.S.E.
- Emerald Rivers, Graduate Student, School of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University
- Kevin Shollenberger, Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Johns Hopkins University
- Calvin Smith, Director of Student Leadership and Involvement, Johns Hopkins University
- Inez Stewart, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Howard Woolley, Trustee, Johns Hopkins Medicine
Tagged campus safety and security