Johns Hopkins Graduate Consulting Club 10th Fall Consulting Case Competition
Who can attend?
- General public
Have what it takes to create winning solutions to complex biotech and health care challenges? Intrigued by consulting and want to try out your skills on a real case?
The Johns Hopkins Graduate Consulting Club 10th Fall Case Competition offers Johns Hopkins University students and staff an exciting opportunity to formulate strategic recommendations to a business challenge and win up to $500 in the process. During the case competition day, teams and individuals will also have the opportunity to network with consultants from leading health care and management consulting firms and learn about entrepreneurship from the club's client.
Registration for the 10th Fall Case Competition is open for teams until Oct. 30 and individuals until Oct. 24. The competition will take place at the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health on Nov. 15.
Competing teams will consist of 3 to 5 members. Team members can be from multiple schools, programs, and departments. Individuals can register their interest, and the Johns Hopkins Graduate Consulting Club will help them find teammates. The top competing team will win $500, 2nd place will win $350, and 3rd place will win $250.
- Teams must consist of 3-5 members.
- Teammates do not have to attend the same school or degree or work in the same department. We strongly support diverse teams with a common interest in management, health care, and life science consulting.
- Undergraduates, all master's students (including MBA), PhD candidates, post-docs, MDs, and resident doctors at all Johns Hopkins campuses are eligible.
- The Johns Hopkins Graduate Consulting Club promotes diversity and inclusion as a constitutive component of its mission and fosters diversity in race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.
No prior consulting experience is required. Many participants of past competitions have successfully pursued strategy consulting positions afterward, aided by the feedback they received and connections they made during the Case Competition. Additionally, many of the consulting firms in attendance are willing to sponsor work visas for international students.
- All registered teams will present in a preliminary round during the morning.
- The top scoring teams will advance to the final round and present to a larger group of judges during the afternoon.
- No prior consulting experience is necessary.
- An exclusive networking reception will follow.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided by Johns Hopkins Graduate Consulting Club.
- All registered teams will receive the case question and materials electronically on or by Nov. 6 and will have until 11:59 p.m. EST on Nov. 13 to submit their presentations.
- Registration opens: Oct. 10
- Individual registration deadline: Oct. 24
- Team registration deadline: Oct. 30
- Team notification: Nov. 5
- Case materials distributed: Nov. 6
- Presentation materials due: Nov. 13
- Preliminary and finalist presentations: Nov. 15
- Consulting career panel and client session: Nov. 15
Who can attend?
- General public
Please register by Oct. 24 for individuals or Oct. 30 for teams.