In order to enhance and expand the university's wellness programming, the Office of Benefits & Worklife surveys employees each year during the annual enrollment process. The feedback received from the 2020 optional wellness survey is being used to develop 2021 programming.
As work and home lives continue to evolve through this year, the Healthy@Hopkins team plans to maintain virtual programming to support employees through the transition.
You can learn more about wellness webinars and classes such as fitness and meditation by visiting the JHU Wellness Programs page of the HR website. Spring wellness sessions begin April 5.
Here's a look at what JHU employees have to say.
Wellness interest survey results
Top exercise classes which faculty and staff would like on-site:
- Yoga (34%)
- Muscle toning, sculpting, stretching (30%)
- Strength training (26%)
- Running/walking group (24%)
- Zumba (20%)
- Pilates (16%)
- Dance (16%)
- Boot camp, Cardio Fusion, or interval training (15%)
- Tai Chi, Qi Gong (12%)
- Other (5%)
What is the best time for you to participate in a virtual fitness class?
- Early morning, anytime between 6 and 8 a.m. (31%)
- Early evening, anytime between 3 and 6 p.m. (31%)
- Lunch, anytime between noon and 2 p.m. (20%)
- Morning, anytime between 8 and 11 a.m. (8%)
- Other (8%)
What type of topics most interest you for a workshop or live webinar?
- Food and nutrition (44%)
- Lifestyle (43%)
- Fitness and physical activity (37%)
- Weight management (36%)
- General well-being (31%)
- Alternative healing/integrative medicine (25%)
- Group wellness/fitness challenges (17%)
- Other (2%)
What is the best time for you to participate in on-site workshops or live webinars?
- Lunch, anytime between noon and 2 p.m. (33%)
- Morning, anytime between 8 and 11 a.m. (22%)
- Early evening, anytime between 3 and 6 p.m. (22%)
- After 6 p.m. (28%)
- Other (2%)
JHU employees currently get a 50% discount on WW (Weight Watchers). Are you interested in additional discounted weight loss/management programs?
- Yes (64%)
- No (63%)
- I use a weight loss program/health coach through my health insurance (2%)
If yes, which programs interests you most?
- Noom (64%)
- On-site nutritionist (38%)
- Nutrisystem (25%)
- Medifast (17%)
- Innergy (8%)
In which type of free on-site health screening would you participate when we resume onsite programming?
- Biometric screening—cholesterol, glucose, blood pressure, BMI (53%)
- Blood pressure screening (36%)
- Dermaview screening (27%)
- Other (3%)
What is the best time for you to participate in on-site health screenings?
- Lunch, anytime between noon and 2 p.m. (35%)
- Morning, anytime between 8 and 11 a.m. (34%)
- Early evening, anytime between 3 and 6 p.m. (25%)
- Other (3%)
Posted in Health+Well-Being