A new spot for buying computing devices, getting repairs, and testing software is now welcoming customers on the East Baltimore campus.
The Johns Hopkins Tech Hub, established by the Johns Hopkins Technology Innovation Center and IT@JH, is open to all Johns Hopkins University and Health System faculty, staff, and students for both professional and personal technology purchases.
The store is located in the Rangos Building, at 855 N. Wolfe St., next to Atwater's restaurant. A valid Johns Hopkins ID is required for access.
Similar to the Technology Store on the Homewood campus, the Tech Hub offers devices for sale and in-store services. Customers can make purchases for professional use with approved departmental funds or for personal use with a credit card.
Features of the store include:
- Workstation equipment including computers, tablets, and accessories
- Educational-discount pricing on select Apple, Dell, and Microsoft products
- On-site repair by Apple-certified technicians of any employee-owned Apple hardware and software at no cost with a warranty, or for a fee without a warranty
- In-store software testing lab, hosted by the Johns Hopkins Technology Innovation Center, providing Johns Hopkins developers with a wide range of devices for predeployment testing
- In-store live demos of new and enterprisewide software
- Online ordering through the Tech Hub website, available 24/7
The store is open for in-store purchases from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours for on-site repair service are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For more information, visit the website at techhub.jh.edu, email email@example.com, or call 410-955-JHTH (410-955-5484).
Posted in News+Info