New helplines for medical and security assistance during travel
With switch to new JHU vendor, employees should note new phone numbers and website
Starting Jan. 1, all Johns Hopkins travelers will need to call a new phone number for medical or security assistance during university-related travel. The change is the result of a vendor switch from ISOS to Healix International for travel emergency management services, which include 24-hour support via Johns Hopkins Global Travel Assistance helplines.
Before you travel:
Discard the old ISOS contact phone number and note the new travel assistance helplines:
- For travel within the Americas, call 443-455-0711.
- For travel within Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia, call 44-20-8763-4952.
You also may register on the Healix Travel Oracle website at traveloracle.healix.com/johnshopkins to gain access to Johns Hopkins–specific travel assistance information. Use policy number JH18492 to register. You also can download the Travel Oracle app.
Call the helplines to speak with a case agent about:
- Medical pre-trip guidance, including medication concerns, outpatient referrals, and vaccination requirements
- Treatment for minor or major medical emergencies
- Security information and safety protocols
- Evacuation services for emergencies, including natural disasters
- Missing employee or lost contact
- Escort requests for areas under civil unrest
- Detention by authorities
- Lost or stolen visa, passport, or wallet
If you have questions about the Johns Hopkins Global Travel Assistance Program, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also can find information about these program services on the Johns Hopkins Travel Portal under Traveler Tools.
Posted in News+Info