Starting Jan. 1, all Johns Hopkins travelers will need to call a new phone number for medical or security assistance during university-related travel. The change is the result of a vendor switch from ISOS to Healix International for travel emergency management services, which include 24-hour support via Johns Hopkins Global Travel Assistance helplines.
Before you travel:
Discard the old ISOS contact phone number and note the new travel assistance helplines:
- For travel within the Americas, call 443-455-0711.
- For travel within Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia, call 44-20-8763-4952.
You also may register on the Healix Travel Oracle website at traveloracle.healix.com/johnshopkins to gain access to Johns Hopkins–specific travel assistance information. Use policy number JH18492 to register. You also can download the Travel Oracle app.
Call the helplines to speak with a case agent about:
- Medical pre-trip guidance, including medication concerns, outpatient referrals, and vaccination requirements
- Treatment for minor or major medical emergencies
- Security information and safety protocols
- Evacuation services for emergencies, including natural disasters
- Missing employee or lost contact
- Escort requests for areas under civil unrest
- Detention by authorities
- Lost or stolen visa, passport, or wallet
If you have questions about the Johns Hopkins Global Travel Assistance Program, send an email to email@example.com. You also can find information about these program services on the Johns Hopkins Travel Portal under Traveler Tools.
Posted in News+Info