Starting off in an academic career provides many opportunities but also challenges. The aim of this multidisciplinary workshop is to provide an opportunity to develop strategies and seek opportunities to strive and thrive in an academic career. Johns Hopkins School of Nursing is hosting this interactive workshop to help you set career goals, prioritize opportunities, know your strengths, and build resilience.
Presented by leaders within the Johns Hopkins community.
- Obtain an increased understanding of the discrete elements of an academic career: teaching, research, and service
- Develop strategies for aligning elements of an academic career to achieve synergy and efficiencies
- Interact with successful scientists from medicine, nursing, and public health
- Understand contemporary trends in curriculum and instructional design
- Increase the understanding of the role of social media in developing your profile
- Understand the role of bibliometrics and strategies for publication
The cost for the Academic Career conference is $895 until May 15—late/onsite registration price is $995. Johns Hopkins employees may use their tuition remission benefit to cover 100 percent of the seminar costs. There is no annual dollar limit or reduction of annual limits for noncredit professional development courses. Download the tuition remission form and submit completed form to email@example.com within two weeks of registration.
Posted in News+Info