There are 2 at-large positions open (one designated for an undergraduate student and the other for an undergraduate or graduate student) on the Johns Hopkins University Cross-Institutional Student Advisory Committee. We hope that faculty and staff will share this opportunity with students and that students will consider applying.
The Johns Hopkins University CSAC is a universitywide advisory committee that serves as a forum for students to discuss academic and co-curricular matters of broad interest to the university and provide advice and counsel about such matters to the university administration. As a consultative body, CSAC will seek to build and achieve consensus through informed, collegial deliberation. The work of the CSAC should complement but not duplicate the work of other student committees, such as the Student Advisory Committee on Public Safety, the PhD Advisory Committee, etc.
The CSAC comprises 16 students representing undergraduate and graduate students from all nine JHU schools. Eleven of the 16 students are from the following student governance groups:
- Bloomberg School of Public Health Student Assembly
- Carey Business School Student Advocacy Council
- Krieger School of Arts and Sciences Graduate Representative Organization
- Peabody General Assembly
- School of Advanced International Studies' Student Government Association
- School of Education student will be appointed by SOE and transition to a representative from the SOE board once established
- School of Medicine Graduate Student Association
- School of Nursing's Nursing Student Senate
- Whiting School of Engineering Graduate Representative Organization
- Undergraduate Student Government Association
- Undergraduate Multicultural Leadership Council
The remaining five student members—including at least two undergraduate students—are at-large positions selected via an annual application process.
The vice provost for student affairs, vice provost for graduate and professional education, and senior associate vice provost for academic affairs will serve as ex officio members of the CSAC. Their collective role is to convene the committee and serve as communication conduits to the president, the provost, and school leadership.
Please consider applying by Oct. 2 using the following application: https://studentaffairs.jhu.edu/viceprovost/university-student-leadership-engagement-opportunities.