Editor's note: This article was updated with new information on July 22
Providing safe transportation for all Johns Hopkins affiliates is a foremost priority for the institution. To ensure the highest standards of rider safety, Johns Hopkins will launch a new transportation service beginning Aug. 1 for the East Baltimore campus.
The Blue Jay Shuttle—To & From Campus will be a free shuttle service available to all Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Hospital staff members, faculty members, student, residents, postdoctoral fellows, and visiting Johns Hopkins Medicine affiliates. The shuttle will be available from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 12 a.m., seven days a week, to take individuals to and from their residences and the East Baltimore campus.
Riders of the new shuttle service will:
- Have access to real-time shuttle tracking information during their ride via the TransLoc app
- Get picked up after their request in eight minutes on average; wait time will not exceed 15 minutes
- Be transported after pickup in 10 minutes on average; ride time will not exceed 20 minutes
- Enjoy an unlimited number of rides each month
- Travel in clean, safe, reliable, and well-maintained vehicles
- Be able to speak to a dispatcher or supervisor, if needed, during service hours
- Be able to easily report issues, such as lost items or service concerns, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A map of the shuttle's service area is available on the Transportation Services website.
In response to feedback from the Hopkins community, the following changes have been made:
- The service area has been expanded
- During busy times, dispatchers will use Lyft to supplement the Blue Jay Shuttle.
- In addition to the shuttle's standard hours, Lyft will continue to support Blue Jay Shuttle services for eligible SafeRide users during overnight hours, midnight–5 a.m.
The Blue Jay Shuttle—To & From Campus will consolidate current point to point services, including Lyft SafeRide and the After Hours Route, into one program. The new service improves on the existing point-to-point service by offering unlimited rides to all Johns Hopkins affiliates. Note that changes only apply to the East Baltimore campus.
More information is available in an FAQ on Transportation Services website.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.