The Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute is conducting a six-week clinical trial of Dexamethasone Ophthalmic Insert (a tear duct plug loaded with steroid dexamethasone) on the management of dry eye.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be an adult (18 or older) with a clinical diagnosis of dry eye
- Have been or are currently taking prescription dry eye drops
- Have significant symptoms of eye dryness, eye fatigue, and eye discomfort
- Be able to have tear duct plugs placed in both eyes
- Be willing to come to Johns Hopkins East Baltimore office every two weeks for four visits
- Not have had eye surgery in the past three months
- Not have a diagnosis of or treatment for glaucoma
You will be provided a parking pass if applicable.
IRB number: IRB00246348