The Alexander Grass Humanities InstituteI is now accepting applications from PhD students in the 10 humanities departments in KSAS, as well as the Anthropology, Political Theory, and History of Medicine programs, to become AGHI Graduate Research Fellows.
These one-semester fellowships:
- Are tenable in the spring 2023 semester
- Provide a full KSAS stipend, along with tuition costs equal to 20% of KSAS resident-student tuition, for the spring 2023 semester
- Are intended to replace any departmental teaching requirements
- Will come with access to AGHI space for work and meetings
AGHI fellows will be in the final stages of their dissertations with a high likelihood of completing their dissertations by the end of the academic year of the fellowship. Fellows will be free to devote their time to writing with few distractions and will only be expected to attend AGHI-sponsored events and meet as a group twice monthly with a faculty mentor to workshop their dissertations.
We will begin accepting applications beginning Jan. 1, 2022. Complete the application on Interfolio by Feb. 28, 2022. Decisions will be made by the end of March 2022.
The following documents must be submitted as PDF files and named "last name, first name – description" (i.e., Smith, John – transcript).
- Concise (max. 500 words) abstract of the dissertation, including its methods and approaches and its greater significance for the humanities
- Statement of work already accomplished and plan for work still to be done
- Letter of recommendation from your adviser