Applications are still open for nonclinical team members interested in Hexcite, the Johns Hopkins early-stage medical software accelerator hosted by the Technology Innovation Center.
Through 16 weeks of business and technical design workshops, Johns Hopkins business, technology, and design leaders collaborate with Johns Hopkins clinical entrepreneurs in creating a software solution that will improve patient care.
Startup teams test business concepts with customers, refine their commercialization roadmap, and test their technology idea. Teams exit the accelerator prepared to gain early-stage funding for prototype development and pilot.
The nonclinical Hexcite application deadline has been extended to Friday, Oct. 22, at 5 p.m.
Each Hexcite team comprises:
- Johns Hopkins affiliate undergraduate or graduate students in design-related majors
- Johns Hopkins affiliates with design experience
- Johns Hopkins undergraduate or graduate students majoring in CS or BME
- Johns Hopkins affiliates with technical experience
- Johns Hopkins Carey Business School students
- Johns Hopkins affiliates with business experience
- Johns Hopkins clinical faculty or staff with a medical software product idea.
- Operational leaders from Johns Hopkins.
The Hexcite 2022 cohort launches in January 2022. This year's program will be both virtual and in person, with participants benefiting from weekly 2.5-hour sessions. Sessions include a variety of speakers, interactive activities, and group work/mentoring components. The weekly sessions lead up to a Final Pitch event.
Apply by Oct. 22 on the Hexcite nonclinical '22 page. Send questions to Jasmine McNeil at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information is available on the Hexcite website.