Healthy adults needed for a research study testing the safety and tolerability of a study medication for pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP, an HIV prevention option for people who do not have HIV, but are at risk of getting an HIV infection.
Basic study requirements:
- Healthy male or female 18-50 years of age
- HIV negative
- Are not regularly taking a prescription medication other than contraception
- Willing to come in for multiple clinic visits over 23 months
- Willing to have colon, vaginal, and/or cervical biopsies collected
Qualified study participants may receive compensation for study time and travel up to $2,600 for men and up to $3,400 for women upon completion of this 23-month study that includes 28 in-person visits and two follow-up phone calls.
If you think you may be eligible and are interested in participating please call 410-614-2724 or email DDUResearch@jhmi.edu.
Principal Investigator: Craig Hendrix, MD Protocol Number: IRB00249213
- Contact Name: Sandra Abdul Massih
- Contact Email: DDUResearch@jhmi.edu
- Phone: 410-614-2724