The Johns Hopkins Women's Center for Family Planning Research is conducting a study to expand emergency contraceptive options for women weighing over 176 pounds.
You may qualify if you:
- Need emergency contraception for unprotected sex or condom breakage in the past 72 hours
- Are a premenopausal, healthy woman between the ages of 18 and 40
- Weigh more than 176 pounds
- Have an intact uterus with at least one ovary
- Have regular menstrual cycles
If you qualify, you will:
- Receive an investigational emergency contraceptive pill at no cost
- Comply with protocol requirements, including taking an oral medication
- Attend approximately two clinic visits and receive follow-up phone calls over approximately one month
- Receive financial compensation for completing the study
For more information, please call 410-550-8506 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PI: Anne Burke, MD MPH