The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory's African American Culture Club (AACC) and the Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA) have established an annual scholarship to assist graduating high school seniors who plan to attend college with a major in a STEM discipline. It provides a one-time undergraduate scholarship of $1,000 to select high school students. We are currently only accepting online donations. Please click here to make a donation to the AACC/BFSA STEM Scholarship Fund.
The scholarship is open to graduating high school seniors who meet the following criteria:
- Are a resident of D.C., Maryland, or Virginia
- Are a high school graduating senior
- Will attend a four-year college as a full-time student in 2021
- Have a 3.0 or higher unweighted GPA
- Have at minimum a "B" average in math, science, and English courses
Applications can be submitted here.
Deadline to donate/apply: April 30