This research study explores whether healthy youth learn and get rid of associations differently than youth who suffer from Tourette's disorder or other tic disorders (collectively referred to as TD).
Youths between the ages of 8 and 17 who do not have any current psychiatric or behavioral diagnoses are eligible to participate. Participants can earn up to $100 for their participation.
- One Zoom interview with a member of our team
- Two in-person visits to our research center (Johns Hopkins East Baltimore campus)
- Mental health questionnaires
- An immersive virtual reality task
- Total participation time of 7 hours
Interested? For more information about eligibility and participation, contact the COACH study coordinator:
The Center for OCD, Anxiety, and Related Disorders for Children (COACH) is part of the Children's Center at Johns Hopkins Hospital located at 550 North Broadway, Suite 206, Baltimore, MD 21205. The COACH website is here.
This study is approved by a Johns Hopkins Medicine institutional review board: IRB00195059, PI: Joseph McGuire, PhD