Submissions will be accepted until March 22. You can find the full announcement on the Student Wellness blog.
Have an idea for an initiative, activity, creative/inspirational messages, or promotional campaign that will help encourage COVID safety measures, stimulate community connection, and/or boost general well-being among the staff, students, or faculty of the Hopkins community, whether virtual or in person?
JH Needs U wants to hear from you! Between now and March 15, if you have an inspiration that could support an identified need in the Hopkins community, we invite you to submit your idea to our JH Needs U ideas portal.
Ideas will be reviewed by members of the JH Needs U Campaign leadership, and the top five submitters or submitting groups will receive a gift card for $25, whether your idea is implemented or not. Submissions will be evaluated for:
- Creativity. Make it fun and memorable.
- Feasibility. The goal of the competition is to find ideas that can quickly be put into practice.
- Clarity of purpose. Winning submissions should include articulation of the identified need and how the idea is a potential solution for that need.
- Cost effectiveness. There is no specific dollar limit on projects, but wise use of funds is a consideration.
- Connection to the JH Needs U campaign and its objectives to promote community safety, solidarity, and/or well-being. See the "Main Objectives" section below for details.
Details Any affiliated student, staff, or faculty (individual or group), from any Hopkins school, who has an idea to promote COVID safety, solidarity, and/or well-being, and complement or extend the impact of the JH Needs U campaign may submit to the competition.
Applications should describe the identified need—what you see as the challenge or gap created by COVID-19—and how your idea proposes to overcome that challenge or support members of the Hopkins community as they seek to cope with it.
Please use this as an opportunity to help us protect each other whether on-campus or in remote settings, through new and creative forms of safe activities, communication initiatives, and/or fun!
JH Needs U Main Objectives Improving the well-being of the community by encouraging foundational prevention behaviors: hand washing, social distancing, mask-wearing, routine testing, use of the Prodensity app to monitor symptoms and access campus, and how to practice these behaviors effectively.
- Acknowledging the important roles and responsibilities every member of our community plays
- Promoting use of the Johns Hopkins COVID info site