It's important to review your payroll information on a regular basis but especially as you prepare for year end. Here are some tools to assist in reviewing your data and obtaining future information.
Employee Self Service (ESS)
Using ESS, you'll easily be able to:
- Update your permanent address, emergency contact information, work phone number, race, ethnicity, military status, direct deposit information, and tax withholding information
- View your pay statement up to 48 hours before payday
Click here to access the ESS webpage.
Earned Income Credit
Employees may be entitled to claim an earned income tax credit on their 2020 federal and Maryland income tax returns if both their federal adjusted gross income and their earned income is less than:
- $50,954 (for married filing jointly $56,844)—if you have three or more qualifying children
- $47,440 (for married filing jointly $53,330)—if you have two qualifying children
- $41,756 (for married filing jointly $47,646)—if you have one qualifying child
- $15,820 (for married filing jointly $21,710)—if you do not have a qualifying child
For more information, visit the IRS website or the Comptroller of Maryland website.