Johns Hopkins Transportation Services recognizes that essential employees and affiliates close to campuses continue to rely on its services. The university and health system will continue to run shuttles and buses, but because of the reduced number of riders, several changes will take effect starting Sunday, April 5. More details are on the Transportation Services website.
- Buses remain reduced to maximum of 24 passengers at once
- Buses will utilize the front and rear door, allowing passengers to spread out when waiting and boarding
- Vans are limited to eight passengers only and those passengers should spread out and not sit directly behind driver
- On-call Blue Jay Shuttle trips will be limited to one party at a time. Walk-on passengers at popular pick-locations such as grocery stores may be accommodated up to a maximum of four groups / eight passengers (one group per row of seats).
- The Homewood-Peabody-JHMI shuttle service will continue to operate on the modified schedule
- The Homewood-Bayview route will continue to operate on the modified schedule
- The Keswick-Homewood-Eastern-JHMI route will continue to operate on the modified schedule
- The Carey Business School shuttle has been suspended for the semester
- The Mount Washington and Remington routes are canceled; on call service is provided from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at (410) 516-4200
- On-call ADA daytime service will continue from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; call (410) 516-4200
- The Homewood route and Brody Shuffle route of the nighttime Blue Jay Shuttle service for Homewood and Peabody are suspended until further notice
- Night Ride service at Homewood and Peabody will be expanded to include daytime hours and operate from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days per week
- Night Ride service will significantly reduce the use of Lyft
- HopVan rentals has been discontinued until further notice; there is no need to cancel reservations. Call (410) 516-7275 if you need to discuss a potential exception.
JH Transportation has already increased its cleaning and disinfecting of all vehicles. All passengers are encouraged to practice social distancing, provide space between themselves and other patrons, and practice good hygiene that includes covering their mouths when coughing or sneezing and not touching more than is necessary for safety.
Questions and comments should be directed to email@example.com.