Representatives from JHU and JHHS Office of Benefits & Worklife will offer brief presentations regarding employee benefits, leave, child care, and lactation support. In addition, Hopkins programs and local vendors will be available to share their resources and expertise.
According to Jeanne Ruckert Lovy, director of Family Support Services, "the baby shower is one of the most fun and well-attended events of the year" and also a "great way to meet other new and expecting parents at Hopkins."
The Baby Shower will take place on Thursday, Feb. 6, between 2:30 and 5 p.m. at the Turner Concourse on the East Baltimore campus.
Register here for this event. Light refreshments and parking validation will be provided, and participants will have a chance to win a door prize!
Some of the vendors already lined up are:
- Adoptions Together
- Johns Hopkins Birthing Center/Lactation Consultants
- Johns Hopkins Laboratory for Child Development
- Johns Hopkins mySupport
- Johns Hopkins Pediatric Injury Prevention—Child Passenger Safety
- Johns Hopkins Perinatal Mood Disorders Clinic
- Johns Hopkins Women's Mood Disorders Center
- Maryland Breastfeeding Coalition
- Maryland 529
- Maryland EXCELS
- Mental Health Association of Maryland—Healthy New Moms
For more information regarding the shower and other services, visit the Family Programs page of the HR website, call 410-516-2000, or email email@example.com.