Schedule for the week
Monday, Dec. 2
- noon to 2 p.m.: Hot chocolate and cookies on Brody Terrace, thanks to JHU Dining
- 5 to 6 p.m.: Mindfulness workshop with the Counseling Center in Brody.
Tuesday, Dec. 3
- 10 a.m. to noon: Bracelet making at Mattin Courtyard. Students can make their own colorful bracelets.
Wednesday, Dec. 4
- 4:30 to 5:15 p.m.: Group exercise at the Rec Center
A 45-minute private F45 group exercise class will take place at the Rec Center. A Google form will be sent out, and interested persons will sign up to confirm their attendance. The class is limited to 27 spots and will have a waitlist. Sign up on the Google form.
Thursday, Dec. 5
- 5 to 7 p.m.: Healing Space at the Interfaith Center
The Healing Space is intended to provide a safe, relaxing place for students to unwind and practice self-care. There will be face masks and essential oils for the students to apply on themselves. Stationery and envelopes will also be provided for the students to write letters to themselves or to others. Stressbusters will provide massages, and the Counseling Center will provide the following activities: self-care assessment, aromatherapy oils activity, making a stress ball or scented packet. Participants will be free to practice yoga or meditation on their own. There will be calming music playing in the background. Coffee and tea as provided by the Interfaith Center will be available as well.
Friday, Dec. 6
- 9-11 a.m.: Breakfast on Brody Terrace
A light, continental breakfast will be provided at Brody Terrace by THB Bagelry for JHU students.
As a continuation from last year's Wellness Week, the Self-Care Selfie Media Campaign will encourage students to post pictures of themselves taking part in self-care events with friends with #jhuwellnessweek.
See also the Facebook event.