Apply now to secure your spot for our JHGCC 10th Fall Case Competition on Friday, Nov. 15, at the Bloomberg School of Public Health. The JHGCC Fall Case Competition offers you the opportunity to formulate strategic recommendations to a business challenge and win up to $500 in the process! Plus Bain and Company, The Boston Consulting Group, L.E.K., ClearView Healthcare Partners, Booz Allen Hamilton, Promidian, and more are coming to see you compete.
No prior consulting experience is required. Many participants of past competitions have successfully pursued strategy consulting positions afterward, aided by the feedback they received and connections they made during the Case Competition. Additionally, many of the consulting firms in attendance are willing to sponsor work visas for international students.
Registration opens today, Oct. 18. Teams can register at this link through Oct. 30, and individuals looking for a team can register here through Oct. 24. Competing teams will consist of three to five members. Team members can be from multiple schools, programs, and departments. Individuals can register their interest, and JHGCC will assist them in finding teammates. The top competing team will win $500, second place $350, and third place $250.
- Team size: Teams must consist of 3-5 members.
- Team structure: Teammates do not have to attend the same school or degree or work in the same department. Diverse teams with a common interest in management, health care, and life sciences consulting are strongly supported.
- Eligible degrees/positions: Undergraduates, all masters (including MBA), PhDs, postdocs, MDs, resident doctors at all JHU campuses .
- Diversity: JHGCC promotes diversity and inclusion as a constitutive component of its mission. The group fosters diversity in race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.
Reasons to Apply
- Develop your consulting case skills and get a taste of what consulting is like
- Network with professional consultants from top firms
- Cash prizes for the top three winning teams
- All registered teams will present in a preliminary round during the morning.
- The top scoring teams will advance to the final round and present to a larger group of judges during the afternoon.
- No prior consulting experience is necessary.
- An exclusive networking reception will follow.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided by JHGCC.
- All registered teams will receive the case question and materials electronically on or by Nov. 6 and will have until 11:59 p.m. on Nov. 13 to submit their presentations.
Individual registration: Deadline is today, Oct. 24. We will help you find teammates after that! How? Come to our informal Team Builder at 6 p.m. this evening, Oct. 24, at the Mt Vernon Marketplace! What's a case competition? Check out this mini webinar.
- Team registration opens: Oct. 10
- Individual registration deadline: Oct. 24
- Team registration deadline: Oct. 30
- Team notification by: Nov. 5
- Case materials distributed: Nov. 6
- Presentation materials due: Nov.13
- Preliminary & finalist presentations: Nov. 15
- Consulting career panel and client session: Nov. 15