Researchers are seeking beginner drivers to participate in a driving hazards study investigating how people learn to drive. Participants watch driving videos in an MRI scanner, play computer games, and complete questionnaires (total time 3.5 hours). Compensation is a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Be between the ages of 16 and 20
- Hold a valid learner's permit and have driven less than 1,000 miles as assessed by self-reported mileage
- Speak English fluently
Exclusionary criteria (reasons you would not be a good fit for the study):
- A history of neurologic disorder, e.g., epilepsy, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury (including concussions), Tourette syndrome
- A history of visual impairment that cannot be fixed with contact lenses or glasses
- The presence of psychiatric illness or neurodevelopmental disorders
- Been in a major car accident that required hospitalization within the last six months
- Contraindications to an MRI, e.g., metal braces, medical implants such as defibrillator, insulin pump, or pacemaker
If interested in participating, contact Theresa Chirles at 302-469-0445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.