Nickolas Lantz, director of Student Employment Services, is calling for discussions/meetings regarding how to change the narrative of Student Employment Services. Although SES is sometimes perceived as simply a way for students to earn a little extra money, in reality, it's so much more than that.
The following topics are suggested for discussion:
- The success skills (soft skills) our students obtain
- The professional networking opportunities
- The business communication skills learned
- Student workers are a vital piece to many departments
- The fact that student workers historically have higher GPAs and experience a higher satisfaction with their social life, and satisfaction with sense of community
- Student workers have higher retention rates
Faculty/staff who are interested and willing are asked to schedule a meeting to discuss SES. Nickolas can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-516-8414.